Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Message in a bottle

My dearest love. I think of you always. Your smile, your laugh, your eyes. You taunt me in my dreams, an angel of warmth, my shield against my darker self – so close to me. I reach for your hand, and you are gone, just as you came. I fear daylight; with each piercing morning ray, I awaken to my reality. The torturous routine begins – I try desperately to unbind the shackles your absence bound me by. I cannot shut out the deafening silence you left behind.
My dear, sweet, woman – whose visage was the only one my eyes sought in a crowded room…your mischievous smile, the innocent lock of hair that so gently swept across your eyes, the only hand that could hold my sway, when I was locked in eternal conflict with my own mind, the only bosom I could rest on when the world wore me down – what on Earth possessed me to leave your side?
My heart, my love, my soulmate. Was it Fate that led you to me, and Her cruel hand that drove us apart? Every lash delivered on me, every moment of agony and every ounce of anguish I feel, I consider Just retribution to every Tear you felled on my account. It is your Love that binds my every nerve and sinew on this island of Perdition.
I lay here, night after night, the sounds of the ocean my only symphony. I may never see you again, but this much I vow – though my body be broken, I will hold you in my heart so tightly…though I may die, my memory of you is indestructible.
My grace, my comfort, my everything…I wish you well, always.
Yours forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment